The ADX-0808 is the cornerstone of a quality distributed audio system. Loaded with features like onboard volume control, 2.1 low-pass filter, a 10-band equalizer, tone and balance controls, the ADX-0808 mates up with any zone amplifier and control system to deliver high fidelity audio to up to 8 independent stereo zones. New discrete commands are provided in the revised ADX manual, available for download below.
- 16x16 audio matrix
- Per zone volume control, EQ, tone, and balance controls
- Add a sub to any zone using the new 2.1 low-pass filter
- Ethernet, RS-232, IR, and front panel controls
- Compatible with Control4, URC, RTI and more
- Designed and built in Lexington, Kentucky, USA
With Audio Authoritys exclusive
ZQ 10-Band Zone Equalization
Supports 16 sources and 16 zones (See also Model ADX-0808)
Ethernet, RS-232, IR, and front panel control options
Volume control, 10-band EQ, tone, and balance per zone
Low-pass filter and 2.1 zone grouping feature for adding subs
PC utility allows quck setup using a Windows PC
Rack mountable with included 2U rack-mount ears
Designed and Built in Lexington, Kentucky USA
- 16x16 2-channel matrix switcher (also available: ADX-0808)
- Integrates seamlessly with third party control systems from Control4, URC, RTI and more
- IR and RS-232 codes available for use with virtually any third party control system
- Zone grouping (10 groups) and Source/Zone combination presets (10 source/zone combinations)
- Global source selection (all zones on to same source)
- Front panel lockout
- Simple setup using our PC utility via serial, Ethernet or USB drive
- 2U rack mount ears included
- Custom DSP settings per zone: 10-band EQ, tone (bass/treble) and balance
- Low-pass filter and 2.1 zone grouping feature designed for adding a sub in each audio zone
- ExpressRamp™ digital volume control prevents abrupt volume changes (0 to -80dB attenuation)
- Stereo analog audio - 16/16 (RCA)
- Ethernet (download our free iPad app template for Command Fusion)
- RS-232 two-way serial (Control4 and RTI drivers available)
- Front panel IR sensor
- Rear panel IR input (3.5 mm jack or 3-pin header)
- Front panel capacitive touch buttons and knob with LCD screen
Input Impedance: 100K
Min Load Impedance: 10K
Digital Audio: No
Frequency Response: 10-25kHz
S/N Ratio: 82dB
Connector Types (Input): Left and Right RCA, DB-25
Connector Types (Output): Left and Right RCA, DB-25
Product Dimensions:3.5 x 16.5 x 8.25 (H-W-D, inches)
Net Product Weight: 9.9
Shipping Weight: 11.4
Agency Approvals: FCC
DC Input Connector: 5.5 x 2.1mm
DC Input Voltage/Polarity: 18V center positive
Max DC Input Current: 600mA/1.1A
Heat Output:38/68 BTU/hr
In the Box
Power Supply: Model 803-170
Rack Mount Ears: Model 1192A
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the DB25 connector for on the rear panel of the ADX?
A: In the near future, Audio Authority will introduce the SonaFlex multi-zone amplifier that has a DB25 connector as an alternate input method.
Q: What is the process to create a 2.1 zone group?
A: In brief, you first apply the lowpass filter to a zone, which also produces a mono signal on both channels of the zone. Then you group the lowpass zone with a full range zone, so that group commands (e.g. volume, mute, and switching) effect both outputs.
Q: Can I use both of the mono outputs in a lowpass zone?
A: Yes. Both low level zone outputs may be connected to separate powered subwoofers, or to two separate amplifiers driving passive subs.
Q: Why don't changes to an EQ preset take effect immediately?
A: Select another preset in the zone and then return to the changed preset. EQ presets are not designed to be adjusted on the fly (use ZQ for real time EQ settings).